Re: 50 Year old Classic! - No Tiger Content

To: Drmoonstone@aol.com
Subject: Re: 50 Year old Classic! - No Tiger Content
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 18:31:22 EDT
Hey All:

Dr. Moonstone writes that we've beat the subject to a pulp.  I believe we
have hardly touched on the subject.  While Jan & Dean and James Dean appear
fully
analyzed, the post starting the discussion began with a statement of driving
transportation other than a Tiger which the readers might find superlative.
This sub-part of the original subject remains untouched.  Indeed, after all the
discussion moving on this site, I am surprised that so little is discussed
surrounding our unfulfilled dreams and wants.

That being said, for my two cents the Porsche Speedster and Spyder, while
fine conveyances in their niche, are too sterile and lack personality.  Indeed,
(my opinion) they and the Beetle share the same parents and the same
utilitarian lack of panache.  For my money the car that fits the bill is the
Bristol 404
or its American half-sister, the Arnolt-Bristol.  See silver car at
http://auta5p.car.cz/katalog/bristol/bristol_404_01.htm  ...... or red rear at
http://www.barchetta.cc/All.Ferraris/events-stories/events/2002/christie-s/christies-lo
ndon-gallery/1954-bristol.html  ....  or the latest from Bristol at
http://www.arnolt.com/Bitmaps/ArticlesBrochures/fighter_evo.pdf.

I think we can beat this sub-set of the subject to death for at least twenty
more posts.  Anyone else have dreams that have eluded their garage.  If so,
what are they?

Bob Nersesian