F4B and temp. sender

To: "bob josten" <bobjosten@comcast.net>
Subject: F4B and temp. sender
From: John Clark <clarkjc@runbox.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:50:20 -0400
Hi Bob,

My solution for the temperature sender was to install a carbon steel thread
insert from a company called E-Z Lok.  I drilled out the 3/8" NPT tapped
hole that was there with a 49/64 bit, tapped it to 7/8-9, and screwed in
the thread insert.  The thread insert, E-Z Lok part #329-10F, is 7/8-9 on
the outside and 5/8-18 on the inside.  The top of the temp. sender covers
up the thread insert, so you never even see it.

You can get free samples from E-Z Lok at www.ezlok.com, or you can order
them from the McMaster-Carr catalog.

- John