Another thermostat question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Another thermostat question
From: "Nathan Johnson" <vesselofgrace@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 07:41:25 +0000
My car currently has a 165 (I think) degree thermostat in it and the temp.
gauge shows it running at about that temperature except in the middle of the
day during summer (but it never overheats).  I was thinking of putting a 195
degree thermostat in there as I read a while ago on the list that 190-200
was a much better running temperature for these engines (mine is a hi-po by
the way).  My question is whether this could cause my engine to overheat?  I
have an excellent aftermarket radiator and fan so I am figuring that the car
will cool down just fine once the thermostat opens up all the way,
regardless of what coolant temperature that happens at.  Is there anyone out
there who has put such a thermostat in their Tiger?

Thanks,

Nathan Johnson

Test your Travel Quotient and get the chance to win your dream trip!
http://travel.msn.com