Air cleaner clearance

To: "'vesselofgrace@hotmail.com'" <vesselofgrace@hotmail.com>
Subject: Air cleaner clearance
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 09:55:27 -0400
Nathan mentioned that his choke hits the aircleaner lid when using a Holley.
When I first got my car due to years of "cranking down" the aircleaner bolt
it had collapsed the aircleaner lid to the point that it was VERY close to
the original choke housing. I built a wooden frame that supported the top of
the filter lid all around the outside edge. Then I covered it with a towel
and placed the lid on the 2x4 frame upside down with the towel between the
wooden frame and the lid and proceeded to 'drift' the center of the lid down
gently with another block of wood and a large sledge. Gentle work enabled me
to gain about half an inch extra height in the center.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
23961 Via El Rocio
Mission Viejo, CA   92691
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.