Brake booster

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake booster
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:09:11 EDT
Here I am again with another extremely picky question.  I am restoring the
Girling brake booster.  I note the original black paint in some areas of the
chamber and housing.  I cannot tell what, if any, finish was on the square nuts
and bolts, however.  Were they painted black, and if so, was this before or
after installation.  I see some restorations with stainless or even brass
bolts.

Thanks for listening.

Bob Nersesian
B382000975

P.S.   A tipfor those of you who may be undertaking this in the future, there
is a very very large and very very strong spring on the inside of that
sucker, and a very very heavy piston and extremely hard, solid and dangerous
(when
flying) plate on the outside of that spring.  When you break the gasket loose
after removing the bolts, remember to duck.  Better yet, do the whole thing
remotlely while wrapped in a soft blanket (either you or the part).