Re: 13" Tires

To: mai65tai@sonic.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 13" Tires
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:49:26 EDT
In a message dated 5/6/2004 1:08:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mai65tai@sonic.net writes:
There has been alot of dialog about the lack of speed rated 13" tires, but no
one has mentioned Toyo's. I have been running 205/60 13" Toyo AR-1's for the
past 5 years and have been VERY happy with them.

John-
I think you make a very good point. The Toyo's are great, as are the Kumhos
and Yokos...for the way many of us use our Tigers (our will, as soon as mine is
back on the road..eta 2005). Wet traction and long tread life are not primary
concerns.
Given "fair weather" criteria, you can actually make a case that the
selection of 13" tires is every bit as good as 15" and much better than
14"...plus,
you get a "period correct" look, which I personally value.
Mike Wood