Tires (again)

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires (again)
From: "Cliff Alexander" <mk1a@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 22:07:13 -0700
Hello All--
    I know this has been talked about recently but I didn't pay too much
attention as at the time I wasn't looking for tires.   However I did some
adjusting on my front wheel bearings and noticed that the tires seemed to be
flat spotted.  I did some checking through my receipts and found I bought my
tires in 1987, now I'm interested in tires!  I currently have Michelin MXV
185/70/13's on Carroll Shelby wheels, I think they are 5.5" or 6" wide.
    Now the questions, will 205/60/13 fit the wheels and the car without
modifications?  What is a good tire for all around street and performance use?
I understand the Toyo RA-1 is a good tire for performance but what about
general street use? The Sumitomo HTR4 also seem to be good for performance,
both are available in 205/60/13. Has anyone had experience with either or
something better?
    Thanks in advance for your help, Cliff

Cliff Alexander
mk1a@earthlink.net