Fw: Tigers Digest V1 #523

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Tigers Digest V1 #523
From: "Lawrence Wright" <wrightsinseabrook@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:43:59 -0400
Stephen Waybright gswaybright@yahoo.com wrote:

>Cliff,
>If your tires are that old, I strongly recommend you buy a high
>performace tire with crappy treadlife just to force you to replace them
>every 5-6 years   ;)

Best advice I've read in a while. :^D Currently, I have ten-year-old Yokohama
AVSi's (205/60-13) with only about 5000 miles on them and, while the car is
garage-kept and probably thus less UV damage, I wonder at what point they have
to go. TireRack only lists "extreme tires", those with very high grip and
accordingly low tread life, but maybe that's not really such a bad thing.

Larry Wright
"I can't get no -- Satis-traction"