Banging sound

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Banging sound
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:20:39 EDT
Listers...
Since I've put my front end back together I get a hard banging sound when
hitting a good sized bump.  I have checked the tightness of every front end
part
including the cross member.  Funny, but it doesn't seem like the car is
bottoming out and  hitting the rubber stops.   I am running the tires at 35 psi
rather than the 28 of the past.

I wondered if the rubber donut on top of one spring slipped out of place when
I installed the springs.  Would this give this sound?  I shall also check the
setting of my Spax shocks.  Possibly with the firmer tires the shocks will
have to be softened up.  Any other suggestions?
Thanks,   Mark L.