Re: Gano Filter Modification

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Subject: Re: Gano Filter Modification
From: Bob Melusky <bmelusky@netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 19:06:49 -0400
I used some stainless clamp material slipped under the two hose clamps
to keep the clamps from moving away from each other and slipping off the
plastic Gano filter.
In the diagram below, the dashed line represents a hose clamp material
that has had the ends bent back to act as a stop for the hose clamps
that are the two short lines above. I used a large diameter clamp for my
"feedstock" so I have a strip with no holes in it so it bent easily and
looks nice and neat.
I used one strap 180 degrees apart from the screws and it is very secure.

This was suggested by Laifman and as usual, his advice has served me well.

Bob Melusky