RE: Tiger brakes

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tiger brakes
From: Bill Martin <tigerfixer@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:51:36 -0700 (PDT)
 Here are my thoughts on Tiger Brakes.
 The braking system on Alpines and Tigers is a design
 assisted system. Therefore if you remove the booster
 you need to compensate for it's effect in another
 way. I.E. bigger master or dual circuit master. This
 is a safety issue. You can also use one of the brake
 rotor/caliper upgrades to make up for the loss of the
 booster. 5in boosters multiply the master pressure by
 1.5 and the 7in doubles it. Rootes spent alot of time
 testing and money developing the brakes. I have spent
 alot of time testing and money developing a
restoration
 system for the original boosters. Tiger Auto Service
 and Dales Restorations have alternatives to the
booster
 system and I can restore your booster.
 blah blah blah
 Bill