RE: Paint cleaning

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Paint cleaning
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:59:56 -0600
Hi Mark,
I just Googled "Pine sap removal" and one answer that came up was baby oil -
at least for getting it off skin. I was going to suggest (mostly
tongue-in-cheek) peanut butter, but it appears that most natural oils will
help.

Other answers include dry ice (chill it so it becomes very brittle, then
pick at it with a fingernail or a credit card or something like that), or
mineral spirits or turpentine. For both of the latter, make sure you remove
any excess right away, and re-wax the finish ASAP. A Q-tip for application
of the solvent would be best.

Good luck,
Theo