RE: Paint cleaning

To: "'Ron Fraser'" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>, <CoolVT@aol.com>,
Subject: RE: Paint cleaning
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:30:25 -0400
I've just been through this on an old car we got for the kids.  It had
lived under pine trees for most of a year before we got it.  Much of the
pine sap had hardened, and wasn't the least bit gooey. A couple sites
say this is frequently not actually pine tar, but poops from bugs that
live in the trees.  Whatever.  Here's a list of things that DIDN'T work:

WD40 (spray and gallon can), gasoline, rubbing alcohol, Coleman fuel,
Dupont Prep Sol, a couple spray wheel cleaners, GoJo orange hand
cleaner, a couple different spray engine cleaners, two other orange
based cleaners.

What made some headway was Stoner Tarminator, a spray on cleaner.  Soak
each spot for a while, and it would eventually soften a bit and come
off.  A lot of work on each spot, though.

Stu