RE: towing a Tiger

To: "James Pickard" <geowiz.sgy@cox.net>
Subject: RE: towing a Tiger
From: John Clark <clarkjc@runbox.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:24:40 -0400
This is what I did to prepare my Tiger for towing on a dolly:

1) Drain the transmission of oil.
2) Locate the 4 bolts holding the driveshaft to the mounting flange on the
rear end.
3) Mark one bolt and its location on the mounting flange.
4) Remove the bolts.
5) Pull the driveshaft out of the end of the transmission.
6) Clean up any leftover oil that may leak out of the transmission.
7) Screw the bolt you marked back into the mounting flange finger tight
(just in case you lose the marks).
8) Wrap the smooth end of the driveshaft to protect it and store it
somewhere safe.

- John