Re: towing a Tiger

To: "John Clark" <clarkjc@runbox.com>
Subject: Re: towing a Tiger
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:08:57 -0700
Well, that is curious in several aspects. The first being that towing puts a
load on the diff gears in the wrong way--does the ASE mechanic never coast ?
When you take your foot off the gas pedal, you are loading the gears in the
"wrong way" exactly as in towing. As to the drive shaft balancing, did you
never have a drive shaft fabricated? They are balanced out of the car on a
machine. So marking the location on the flange to maintain proper balance
also makes no sense to me at all. Regardless of what the shop manual says.

I am curious to say the least...anyone have any technical reason to do this?

and all my friends call me just plain ol'  mayf

mayf, out in Pahrump...