Re: Smell Problem

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Smell Problem
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 23:28:26 -0700
Steve,
 I read Tom Hall's post and it does seem a logical place for fumes to
infiltrate. If that is your source then rather then using spray foam which
can be rather messy, try the foam pipe insulation that comes round with a
hollow center. I would think that it could be cut and wedged into place with
little difficulty and a lot less mess. I would think it could be cut
slightly oversize and then the ends slit all the way around so the cut ends
fit the oval much like a standard rubber floor plug, all be it with a curve
to the surface.
FYI:  I have a 1973 Plymouth Valiant as a daily driver (for no other reasons
than to skirt Calif smog laws). It has the lower vents with  hinged doors
found on American cars in the 50's, 60's and 70's that feed directly off the
cowl. If those doors are open and the windows are closed one barely notices
any air. BUT, just crack the vent window a 1/2" and there is enough air to
blow a heavy woolen skirt over a woman's head! How this relates to your
Tiger I'm not sure other than to say that there are conditions where small
changes make a huge difference in airflow into a cars interior.
 By the way, and don't try and deny it. Your Tiger DID hear you saying that
it was running fine the other day and it is obvious that your garage walls
are thinnner than you think. You can run (to Southern Arizona), but you
can't hide from the Tiger Gremlins. (LOL)
Tom Witt