Re: Dr. Gas

To: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Dr. Gas
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:21:50 -0500
Jim, here is the site on Tigers United.

> http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/PaulickExhaust/pt-PaulickExhaust1.asp

Also, on coatings, I used HPC on my headers, per the custom muffler guy,
but had to send them back after a year to get recoated, as they were
rusting at the merged point of the collectors.  Not fun taking them out
and reinstalling.

I would not fool with old headers, as you don't know the condition, and
why waste your time and money on parts that may be wearing out.  Coating
will not take care of thin rusted headers.

I used Dr. Moonstone's source for coating for my intake manifold, F4B.
I had polished it myself, then decided I did not want to polish in the
future, then clear coated, and clear coat starting to come off at small
locations, so I just had it coated.  They did a great job, and in
retrospect, this is what I should have done in the first place.  Coating
will not make the sand casting roughness smooth, like polishing,  but
will help.

This company also gives discounts to Tiger guys, and I wish I had done
my headers there also.

Also on low clearances, I hit the center of the H pipe, even though this
is tucked up as far as possible, but we all know Tigers are low anyway.
I am sure the X pipes will have the same clearance problems.

In the Washington, DC area, Jeff's Muffler, did my muffler system, and
they are really professional and do a lot of the hot rod trade custom
work in the Mid Atlantic area.  Jeff has already made a template in mid
steel and can do alum steel or ss for the Tiger.  Larry Wright did all
ss, and it is a beautiful job, no rattles, and so solid you could lift
the car up by the muffler system.  Jeff is a picky pro, who only knows
how to do a job one way, the right way.

Larry