RE: Any Holley Street Avenger users out there?

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Any Holley Street Avenger users out there?
From: "Randall Antosiak" <randya@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:17:08 -0800
Hi -
I just installed the Avenger 570 CFM on my Tiger.  No problem with the fit,
and I'm using a 1/4" spacer.  Previously I was using a Holley 1810 465 CFM
carb.  I very carefully measured the height, and it is probably a tiny
fraction of an inch smaller than my 1810.

I would have to say that my first impression is rather negative.  Supposedly
this baby is already dialed in, so you just install and go for it.  However,
I found that the idle was around 2500 RPM, and the idle adjust screw is
completely hidden.  You pratically have to remove the carb to do an idle
adjust (no joke).  Can't say that I notice any significant improvement in
performance, as well.  My dyno guy recommended the carb, so I'll probably
let the pros tune it before going back to my old unit.

- Randy Antosiak

I'm wondering if there are any particular hood clearance problems with the
Holley Street Avenger carburetor.  How about if you use a 1/4" spacer under
the carb?

The Street Avenger looks similar in dimensions to other 4BBl Holley's I've
owned but it does seem to be about the heaviest carburettor I've come
across.

Frank
B9471116