valve springs 1725

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: valve springs 1725
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 18:57:42 -0600
I bought a new set of double valve springs for the engine Im using to replace
the 1725 that threw a rod. I thought the engine was from a Hillman but the
numbers on the engine do not match those in my friends Rootes book- he thought
I read the numbers wrong but a double check shows this blonde with his
bifocals on , can read large clean engine numbers. The springs I bought from a
great Beamer/ebay seller are to long. although the Terry brand box they came
in listed ALL 1725 engines. I need a set w/ the outer spring measuring 1&3/4
inches in length. Wyatt in the UK has not responed to 3 emails, so petrhaps
his email has changed, Sunbeam Specialites doesnt have a part number in their
new catalouge and place in Ks. ha not sent the catalouge I called and
requested 3 weeks ago. SO, if anyone knows the where abouts of a set in the
size Im using, it would be appreciated. I had the cam reground and DID have
one bad valve spring(double) so since they may well be near 40 years old, I
think it is a good idea to replace the complete set. i would consider single
as opposed to doubles as I can / with some effort , change them out without
removing the head at a later date. Thanks ahead of time and also Thanks for
all the info I received about the 5.0 HO and the gt40p heads. IF you read
everything sent, you can tell I could still be confused but I think I can get
there in time and with a bit of proprt planning. So much to learn, so many
cars to woork on so little money to spend. I was 19 the first time I dumped
the clutch on a Tiger and it was like setting the hook on a gogantic large
mouth bass, Ive been hoked ever since. Arent we all. and to all a good
weekend. TTT