Re: A new "angle" on Ackerman

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>,
Subject: Re: A new "angle" on Ackerman
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:54:04 -0800
You guys are all phunny! Why? Well the front end of the Tiger came from the
Hillman! Does anyone really think any analyses were done on that front end
to make it steer? Especially under the Tiger weight and power? Not to
mention that the frame horns are probably strange to boot!. I would bet that
no one even consodered tire slip angle etc or over steer  in building the
first or many tigers. Yikes, this car was thrown together to make sales. The
steering was done to make it work minimally. Using race car dynamics to
build upon a pile of hot rodded invention is folly. As to the correct
ackerman, yeah, you need to do analysis on instant centers and roll centers
and dive during breaking etc. HAs anyone ask Dale A if his kit considered
all those things? How about Duane's analysis? Nah, my bet is that they all
just wanted to improve their steering some.....This is sorta like "polishing
a t**d".

mayf, out in Pahrump