Re: Origin of the Tiger Ackerman Angle

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Origin of the Tiger Ackerman Angle
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 15:20:27 -0800
  You got that right Steve. It was a great talk!

   Sadly for those that couldn't be there a difficulty exist for making the
tape available to the general public (Steve was given a copy by Buck for
transcription purposes). Buck had arranged, and Jeff Wilkins and I shot
(well.., videotaped) George in Mammoth. About a year later Buck brought me
the tapes and I edited them (I teach Television Production for a living).
    A whole deal had been set up with CAT to allow me to sell the tapes/DVD'
s with a cut going to help George. THEN, I inquired about liability.
Apparently in our litigious world (at least according to the Law Professor I
contacted) I would have needed a release from everyone one in the room, not
just George (and John Morton) who appeared on tape. Seems now a days it's as
if your cough can be detected off camera and you haven't signed a release
the party releasing the tape might be liable. I was also concern that George
's side of the story might not have been well taken at times by those he
spoke about (not that I doubted that George was telling the truth).
 I deferred the matter back to Buck, but I would guess that he like I doesn'
t want to be the liable releasing party. So, if your wondering where you can
get a hold of the tape, well...., in typical Tiger saga  it doesn't appear
that you can. At least TBON had 1,000 copies released. Wish I could say the
same here.
Tom Witt B9470101