(no subject)

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (no subject)
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:30:10 EST
We may go for them for one reason...it's a vehicle that we can understand a
little. When I ordered a new motorcycle last year I specified one with a carb.
At least I knew I could tear into that...a fuel injection...forget it.  A
fuel injected model costs $140 anytime it's hooked up to the dealer's
computer.
If someone wants aftermarket mufflers...bang..has to be dealer
analyzed...$140.00!
On a Tiger I just love opening the hood and recognizing things;-)
Mark L.

Along with the polishing the t**d come to mind a question. Why do we fall in
love with these cars? They are really pretty unsophisticated, old
technology, bad mannered sometimes, won't steer, poor heating in winter,
can't stop for sour owl sh*t, and rust without provacation.

So why? I don't know, but my love affair has lasted these 37 years....

I watched number 55 run amok in Santa BArbara at the road races way back
when, and was hooked then and there. Was driving through town (Santa MAria,
Ca) and   spotted my car on a lot,  pulled in and bought it right there. HAd
13 000 miles on it. I still have just about every part that has been on or
off it with the xception of the front coil springs. Those are old CAT
springs and the originals went lost long time ago, as did the original
exhaust pipes and cast iron manifolds.

So why do we do it? Cars are not historically significant, no major break
throughs resulted from their birth and they were never really race worthy.

It is a mystery for the ages... let's not solve it because it is still fun.

mayf, out in Pahrump...