Re: What did you do on your Tiger today?

To: "Steve Laifman" <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: What did you do on your Tiger today?
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:45:44 -0800
Steve,

Thanks for the kind offer. I'll take any advice you've got.

I will be reusing my original case and tail housing.  The plan is to swap
just internal part.
My gears are going in a 65 GT 350 Shelby, and his gears are going in my
Tiger.

I could also use advice on what clutch I should stick in there.

I dropped my cross member off at Smitty's for reinforcement and realignment.
He loaned me a couple of awesome fixtures.
The first is a low cart that can hold the engine and transmission.
The second is a castor attachment that allows the car to roll around even
with the front suspension missing.
His procedure for engine removal is
Pull front cross member.
Disconnect all hoses/wires from engine/
Pull radiator.
remove 3 of 4 bolts holding the trans crossmember.
Hang car and engine from hoist with strap passing under the inner fender
support rods close to the fire wall.
Lower carand engine down until engine oil pan rail is resting on cart.
Unbolt engine mounts. and raise body a bit.  (Tail of trans is high and stll
in the X tunnel
Remove last trans mount bolt and  roll engine forward until trans settle on
to cart.
Lift body high with hoist and roll engine clear of car.
Lower body and attach castor assy. Roll Tiger whereever you want!

Erich