Re: Tiger Rack from the Source

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tiger Rack from the Source
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:37:02 -0800 (PST)
When you consider the limited time that went into the Shelby prototype
and the kind of testing and development it would take to make such an
engine swap project production ready, it has always seemed to me that
the Shelby car is most accurately characterized as very well executed
"proof-of-concept" prototype. That it was pretty well executed was more
of a reflection that these folks had plenty of experience with V8
sportscars and setting them up for racing than it had to do with any
real development engineering on the Tiger.

I wonder what you'd find different between the Shelby car and a
production Tiger side by side. This would be a reflection of the
detailed development engineering done by Jensen.

Stephen Waybright

--- Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net> wrote:

> So, if the guy who was altering (engineering in my mind) the car
> never drove
> it before it was presented and could barely produce a few templates,
> maybe
> one is left to question how much "Shelby Engineering" actually went
> into the
> car.

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com