Re: Stalling

To: VegasLegal@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Stalling
From: Drmoonstone@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:04:43 EST
In a message dated 12/6/04 5:27:08 PM, VegasLegal@aol.com writes:

> I know this sounds senseless (why didn't it just blow through?; what would
> cause it to un-dam after it cooled? (actually, again, guessing a product of
> time and not heat); why wouldn't it sputter before the problem surfaced,
>etc.,
> etc., etc. I have no idea

It's a simple function of gravity that allows the contamination to undam.
This was common in 70 Ford's with gas tank contamination. At a certain point
any
restriction caused by filters, bends, etc., that would allow the rapid flow of
fuel but cause a bottleneck with the contamination could be the culprit. When
the fuel flow is stopped the contamination simply drops due to gravity. I
once had an F 250 that somehow got leaves in it. It would run along at highway
speeds and then stop like out of gas. Pull to the side of the road wait 10
minutes and start it up and go another 15 miles. In this case the sintered
metal
filter in the fuel inlet was the ultimate intermittent bottleneck.

Sean