Re: Stalling

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Stalling
From: VegasLegal@aol.com
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 20:26:07 -0500
I hope you don't have the same problem I had.  And to this day, I cannot
explain it, although the problem was more time related, the dying out parroted
your problem, but became progressively worse.

I rebuilt a carb, replaced points, replaced condenser, had the carb looked at
again, insulated the entire fuel line against possible vapor lock, put on two
different fuel pumps, replaced the fuel filter twice, put on a remote regulator
on the fuel line in case I was flooding, put a seperator between the carb and
the manifold, etc., etc., etc.
Nothing worked.

I then reemed out the fuel lines.  Even though the car would run strong and
feed fuel at start, it seems that some of the historic crud that lined the
original tanks and had disintegrated would float around loose in the lines, and
after enough was sucked forward, would dam up at the bends.

I know this sounds senseless (why didn't it just blow through?; what would
cause it to un-dam after it cooled? (actually, again, guessing a product of
time and not heat); why wouldn't it sputter before the problem surfaced, etc.,
etc., etc. I have no idea.

One way that it did manifest itself though was instead of a spray at the
venturies, it appeared to flow.

Good luck.

Bob Nersesian