The First "Formula" Muscle Car

To: <Drmoonstone@aol.com>, <rfeibusch1@earthlink.net>, <Tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: The First "Formula" Muscle Car
From: "Al Johnson" <twojohnsons@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:11:46 -0500
  Conventional wisdom is often wrong---
  If the "muscle car" is attributed to DeLorean, he not only stole the name
GTO---he stole the "big engine in a small body" idea.
  The 1st new car I lusted after was surely a "muscle car."
  The Studebaker Golden Hawk featured a big-block Packard V-8 stuffed in the
lightweight Stude body back in '57.

  My father bought a Volvo instead. No muscle at all.
  Oh well---at least it looked like a Ford back then, had dual carbs & went
faster than my flathead Ford V-8.
  Al J