Re: eBay Tiger

To: CoolVT@aol.com, suprmac@mac.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: eBay Tiger
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:36:24 -0800 (PST)
I saw the pictures of the underside... it may be hard to tell for sure,
but my reaction was that as is, the car appears to be unsafe to drive
down a driveway. It looked like EXTREME frame rot several $k minimum if
you pay someone to fix it properly, or many months to DYI with a grand
or so in materials. I'd also guess that since they dressed up all the
cosmetics but left the fundemental structural stuff as is, there are
likely another couple/few grand in mechanical costs on top of the
strucutural work to make it a truely safe reliable driver. I'll bet the
fluids are not even fresh.

It scared me and I've driven 500 miles from Roch NY to Indy with just a
parking brake to stop the car (my much younger, single days in an old
Pinto).

The new owner will wish they bought a solid car in the $20ks before
it's all said and done.

http://my.yahoo.com