RE: A Good Motor

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: A Good Motor
From: bmelusky@netscape.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 22:31:03 -0500
my 260 has a 390 cfm Holley, Performer manifold, cam is one bump up from stock,
and at the time, I had headers.

I got 26 mpg from my Tiger driving to a club meet in Fiskill NY. It rained
about 3 inches that day and there was so much standing water that I had to
drive like I had an egg under my foot (205/60's).  I never saw anything
approaching that again. My restraint is limited to the most base survival
instinct! ;-) I usually get less than 15 and I blame that on: inconsistent fill
levels, inacurate odometer, evaporation due to a bad fill cap gasket,   filling
up on a day of low barometric pressure and checking mileage after refilling at
high barometric pressure, tire wear, temperature differences on days of
fillups, etc.  My wife says it is because my 13 year-old alter ego appears
whenever I sit behind the wheel of the Tiger, but with all of those
aforementioned legitimate reasons for inaccurate calculations, that simply
can't be true.

Melusky

>Item d makes for a tough nut.
>My tiger has a 260 with headers a small 4 barrel and 3.23 gears.
>I get 17 absolute tops on the hiway.  City driving gets me 12-13 mpg.
>
>To hit your goals  I would
>Use an RV type cam,
>Leave the stock gears in there,
>Swap in electronic fuel injection.