Tiger going west....

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tiger going west....
From: "Malc McDonald" <suprmac@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:19:21 -0500
Hello Tiger Friends,

I want to take a moment to thank all of my friends on the Tiger mailing list
for all of your help and wisdom over the last 6 years. My life has changed
drastically over this time and it was time to send my Tiger to greener
pastures. My only regret is that those greener pastures are located on the
West Coast. My car's new owner is located in Gardena, CA which I think is
just south of Los Angeles. Ron sounds like an avid car nut who has a lot of
experience with Porsches and Vintage racing. He intends to fully restore the
car. I am not sure if I would ever have the guts or deep pockets to
undertake what the car deserved.

I am going to take a 6 month break from my car thirst and focus on our new
boat that is coming in March 2005. Then next fall or the following spring I
am going to start a new search for something small, fast and with four
seats. Something better geared for the family. I was never able to get my
family involved enough in my Tiger. I am tinkering around with the idea of
1) a kit car ( http://www.factoryfive.com/table/ffrkits/ffrkits.html (Check
out the FFR GTM Supercar) or T-Bucket ), 2) 68 Barracuda Convertible or
maybe something big 50's with chevy power. I think I should steer clear of a
rare car and try to get the basic car for under $10k. My main criteria is
that it needs to seat four, make lots of noise and be fairly safe for <500
mile road trips. Any ideas?

Seriously... Thank you all for everything. I have really enjoyed your
comradery, humor and of course. excellent advice. Look for a few of my extra
parts etc. on eBay in the near future.

See ya,

Malcolm