Tiger year manufactured

To: wittsend@jps.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tiger year manufactured
From: JHMEARSRN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 02:17:26 EST
My Tiger was registered as a 66 when I bought it in 1969 with 66 as the year
first sold.
Also on the pink slip they ( Calif) had the vehicle id number as 669471072.
I never did
anything about it, smog checks came into being, and I went along with it for
several years,
getting it smogged every two years. Finally a few years back I drove it to
the DMV
outlet at the local AAA office. I requested a pink slip (title) correction
because the
vehicle ID should be B9471072  not 669471072. She came out and noted the
correct
number on the car and agreed with me. I also showed her some documentation
(Book of
Norman, Sunbeam Specialties catalog) that showed my car was probably built in
late
1964. She changed it from 66 to 64.  They (DMV) have a form for making these
changes
easily.   After that I had no smog checks.  I realize that I may have been
very lucky
in having a DMV person so eager to make things right. Thats why I prefer the
AAA
office. They are a lot easier to deal with and the line MUCH shorter......

John Mears
B9471072 LRXFE
Modesto, Ca