EFI for the Beast..

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: EFI for the Beast..
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 06:59:21 -0800
This issue (Feb 2005) of Hot Rod had an excellent product review of
something we all should have if we want to keep driving our cars with some
reliability. That is an EFI system by a company that uses the ford EEC
system to build an truly awesome product. It can use either the Victor Jr
manifold (too tall for us) or the Torker II which is about right. They have
a unique 4 bbl throttle body which incorporates the IAC module and the Ford
TPS. What is really interesting is that they use a Corvette racing mass air
flow meter, which is pretty thin, and mount it on top of the throttle body
and then bury it all in the air cleaner. Because the che*vy mass air meter
is a frequence output they have a converter box to fool the EEC. This might
not work for our car but maybe it can be made to work. Their idea is to have
the undrhood look as stock as can be. The fuel rails are a grey anodize so
they wont stand out.

I have been corresponding with them a bit and will shoot them some pictures
of my virtually stock underhood to show them the problems we have with fuel
rails, and carb stack height clearances with the hood.

I get nothing from this except the pleasure of maybe driving my tiger with
updated electronics.  Will keep all informed as things march along...

Shold any of you wish to correspond directly with Chris Richards at Mass Flo
Efi, I have cc'd him so he can see that I told you about it and to provide
you with his email.  They have a website also    http://ww.mass-floefi.com/
and it is pretty informative.

mayf, off planet in Pahrump