Tiger in the Air

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Tiger in the Air
From: "Lawrence Wright" <wrightsinseabrook@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:21:32 -0500
Tiger Folk:

The most exciting toy around our household is the new garage lift; after
putting off this purchase for years and a (reasonably) extensive comparison
this fall, we settled on a Revolution lift by Rotary, a maker of commercial
lifts. It is a four-post storage and service lift. I'll be the first to
admit that our 21'x24'x9.5' garage is now a bit tight. Without modifying the
garage doors themselves for additional height (that will come later) but
making a small change to the electric door opener for a wee bit of
clearance, the Tiger is up in the air just enough that the Miata slips in
under it (yes, I got plastic "drip pans" in case the Tiger leaks something).
Susan now gets the other bay to herself for the new Acura RSX-S. I was also
impressed with what I read on Autolifters and Eagle brand lifts, but
Revolution made a last-minute offer I could not turn down. Currently my
biggest problem is remembering to turn off the Miata's radio when I get home
so that the automatic power antenna lowers in time.
Other than that, the Garage Queen has been living up to her name, not
getting out much. She's running a little bit rough, and I suspect the plugs
have been in there way too long, and perhaps cleaning out the carb is in
order; this car sits too much for its own good.

Lawrence R. Wright
9418 Dubarry Avenue
Seabrook, MD 20706
Phone: (301) 577-6574