Our Chrysler Connection

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Our Chrysler Connection
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:59:16 -0800
Was just sitting here after looking at the SHelby Display, and wondering,
Just what the heck did Chrysler buy Rootes for, anyway? They dropped the
Tiger, Alpine went away and whats left? The name? Certainly Rootes had no
real outstanding automotive processes to be owned...so Why? They didn't gain
a lot of dealership floor space, nor marketing, nor sales. so Why? They did
build th baby barracuda, but that was a loser also. so Why?

I suppose there are words and stories around as to why, but I wonder really,
why?

mayf, off planet in Pahrump, in the rain in the desert with lots of snow on
the surrounding mountains