headlight ground(brights)

To: Beamclub <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: headlight ground(brights)
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:38:08 -0800 (PST)
Hi List- I had bad news yesterday, a family member in
WVa has passed away after a long illness.
 The only auto I have to drive to WVa is my Mk1, so
last night I adjusted the valves, with the help of a
local mechanic, it didn't take long but it certainly
needed the attention. The bad news is that now I do
not have any high beams, the amp meter shows the
voltage drop and the indicator comes on. I'm sure it
is a ground problem(I checked to see everything was/is
plugged in on the dimmer switch). I had this problem
with an alpine while returning from Phoenix to Dallas
to southern IL. only that time only the brights
worked. I'm sure I can make the trip tonight and
although I will miss my brights, if someone knows
which ground wire and the location it enjoys, I would
be very grateful. Unfortunately I have to leave I64 in
Charleston and drive mountain roads, very narrow and
lots of curves, I straightened out many of those
curves at age 18 but at 52 I'm scared to death and to
make it worse I have a car that really doesn't handle
curves the way I would like for it to but I can go
fast during the very short straight stretches. It
might even be fun but I will need the brights while in
the mountains. If anyone can give me a bit of help, it
will be appreciated. I can read my yahoo email when I
get to Charleston and hopefully fix the problem prior
to going to southern WVa. IF you've never been, you
owe it to yourself to drive thru the beautiful state-
I recommend spring or fall as it is ugly during
winter. Thanks for any helpful replies. regards,
TonytheTiger in IL. going to WVa. In 5 minutes.