Need source for this claim... 1961 Le Mans

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Need source for this claim... 1961 Le Mans
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:18:17 -0500
Jim wrote:

"Did you know a Lotus would have collected that award had they managed
to homologate 500 cars in time for the 1961 LeMans?"

I would like to see the source on this information.

Technically, the finishing order in the Index of Efficiency that I have
read were;    Sunbeam Alpine, Lotus Elite, DB Panhard, Porsche.
The Lotus Elite was credited with 2nd.  (There were only two Conventry
Climax powered Elites that finished the race - there were a number of
other Lotus that didn't finish or start)

Steve