Re: # 8 sparkplug

To: Caseyh4312@aol.com
Subject: Re: # 8 sparkplug
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:37:45 -0700
Taking the pedal off is not recommended - it's a hassle to do and
re-adjust, and if you polish up the shaft that the throttle pedal rides
on then the carb linkage arm won't have any friction on the shaft, and
you'll be fighting it for a long time.
I was able to get to the #8 plug hole by undoing the snap that holds the
under-the-pedal part of the carpet in place, folding it down, and then
sliding the other carpet piece down away from the plug hole (as far as I
can remember).

However, I was subsequently also able to access the #8 plug by using a
spark plug socket that had an external hex on it, with an appropriate
box-end wrench. After loosening the plug half a turn or so with the
wrench I could do the rest by hand - on a cold engine.

Best regards,
Theo