Re: # 8 sparkplug

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: # 8 sparkplug
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:09:01 -0700
My breathed-on (I didn't build it, but it definitely had a cam, polished
ports, F4B, 600 double pumper, and headers) 289 five-bolt engine had
Bosch platinum plugs - I'd have to go check the numbers for the heat
range if you really wanted to know that. Assuming the mixture is
reasonably close to right, you wouldn't have to change or adjust them
very often.

Unless you like futzing with points or are a real stickler for OEM
condition, I'd get at least a Pertronix Igniter module for the
distributor. You can't completely hide its presence but you can come
pretty close by running the wires in a piece of  black heat shrink tubing.

Best regards,
Theo