Re: High Gas Prices

To: fastsage@cox.net
Subject: Re: High Gas Prices
From: Drmoonstone@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:58:50 EST
My comments were based on real world events and concerned the greed of large
corporations. I cited examples of other industries as examples of the greed.
By no means are the oil companies benevolent entities and still represent the
vestiges of colonial expansion policies and a systematic disregard toward most
they deal with. Am I upset with the price of gas....No, certainly not in the
light of my $150,000 house (bought seven years ago) in the central valley of
CA. now being worth $900,000.

The point is the oil companies don't need defending, nor do the other
corporations I mentioned and the hundreds of others that could be mentioned.
What
goes around comes around and time will prove them villains, heroes or just plan
businesses.

Steve, you might want to look at the economic history of Argentina. It
provides a good model of corporate greed and corruption.

To make all this clear; I buy bottled water when it is convenient, I drink
Red Bull and Gatorade, use brake fluid and many of the so called high cost per
gallon products mentioned. I do all this knowingly, have free will and use it.
I will not let go unchallenged, however, the concept that the oil companies
have it rough and we should feel sorry and defend them, nor in a broader sense
that large corporations represent the best interest of my family and friends.

Sean