15 inch tires

To: "Ed Esslinger" <Edstiger@charter.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: 15 inch tires
From: "Tony Someone" <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:32:19 -0600
I have 15 in wheels on my Mk1 and I would like to ask other owners running
15' wheels the maximum size tire they have used. My car doent have flares
etc.

Im also preparing to swap out the 4 speed for a Dale A. 5 speed conversion.
He told me he changed fifth gear to .80 to keep the engine in the cam. Would
one of our engineers take time to tell me what Im looking at rear end
wise(2:88 0r 3.31) and rpms Ill run with each rear end and taking into
consideration the 15 inch wheels. I would have to look at the exact size of
the tires because I dont recall. Ive read the 331 is a better rear end while
using the .80 5th gear but Im not sure that is the case running 15"wheels.
The help of qualified number crunchers is appreciated. Thanks, Tony in IL.