Re: 15 inch tires

To: Tony Someone <tonythetiger@onecliq.net>
Subject: Re: 15 inch tires
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 11:39:59 -0800
TONY,

Bob Hokanson has published a great spread sheet on transmission, rear
end, tire size influences.  The free reader download of Excel is also
indicated.
This is a great place to check the influence of these selections on
speed and rpm in all gears.  Many set-ups are already default entered,
but can be easily changed to your choices:

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/HokansonGearSpeedXL/pt-HokansonGearSpeedXL.asp

Be careful, on comparison with other cars, that you know the "offset" of
the wheel, as this has a great influence on wheel rubbing and fit, even
if the diameter and width of the tire and wheel are the same.

Steve

--

-----

Steve Laifman