Re: 15 inch tires

To: MWood24020@aol.com, brushyck@wf.net
Subject: Re: 15 inch tires
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:05:36 -0800 (PST)
Echoing Mike's reply, the primary reason to go to 15" or 16" rims is a
much, much, much better selection of modern, high performance street
tires. Additionally, while you may be getting a slightly firmer ride,
it's nothing that can't be compenstated for other ways, especially on a
Tiger, by fixing some of the suspension binding that is the primary
cause of it's harsh ride. The Tiger front sway bar implementation is
terrible in adding to ride harshness and Dale's kit fixes that problem.
In the rear, trash the traction bars and go with Dan Walters torque arm
and perhaps softer than stock rear springs (not sure about that one).

The end result of these changes even with the 205/45-16 tires, will be
less ride harshness and improved traction/handling as a bonus.

Plus, have you seen how good the 16" Panasports look on a Tiger???  I
love mine!  ;)

Stephen Waybright

http://my.yahoo.com