Re: Lotus

To: gswaybright@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lotus
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:25:40 EST
To stretch this a little further, IMHO, for a few extra dollars a
mid-to-late 90's BMW 325 or 328 would be a better all around car with more
"structure"
and HP potential. Disclosure: I'm a little biased towards BMW since  we own
one.

Don't get me wrong I thought that our Miata was a wonderfully balanced car
with 118 HP, but I'm not sure if I would want to be driving it around  with
significantly more HP. And yes, I've read a lot about the SPEC racers.  I've
thought about it from time to time.

Two things that I remember about our '91 Miata. First a few years later we
found coolant in the oil (common problem with early Miatas) and the fix was
around $1,500, so they're not exactly cheap to repair, though much cheaper
than
a Lotus I suppose. Second, after I got married I drove around my  wife's
Miata occasionally and I took a beating with my co-workers about the  less than
masculine look of the car.

Rodney