synthetic lube;tranny and rear end

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: synthetic lube;tranny and rear end
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:11:23 -0800 (PST)
Hi Men- Hope everyone is doing well and the Ms. or
Mrs. is happy for your wonderful thoughts on Monday.
 I emailed the list last night from my home but I'm
sure I didn't edit and it wasn't posted because AGAIN,
I forgot to delete the email that was attached.
 My concern was for our youngest owner.ie;Joey. he, at
my request ask the list which synthetic lube has been
found to be used in our Tigers. Joe is doing all the
work on his Tiger by himself and relies heavily on US
to help him with the problems many of us have already
faced. I too have future projects and I will run the
correct synthetic in both the gearbox and the rear
gears but presently I do not know if I should use
Mobil one or what weight I should use. Joe's car has
sat for approximately ten years, he has the tanks
cleaned, new fuel pump installed, the radiator boiled
out and a new drain vale installed, changed the oil
twice and is working on the brakes. ALL this work and
the money he has spent has come from his labor and
working removing snow for people in his neighborhood.
I'm sure his RENTS will help if he needs it but he
wants to do the work, pay for the parts and restore
the car by himself. Of course Ive offered my opinion
on different subjects and requested he back up my
opinion by asking yours. I was fortunate enough to
start my Sunbeam life at age 19, I turned 52 in Jan. I
know lots about Tigers BUT not even close to the
amount of the combined intelligence of the list.
Joey ask the list about the lubes he should use and
received not one reply. That means one of two things.
No one is using a synthetic lube or no one cares
enough to help a very young member of CAT, TE/AE and
the list. He is one of ours, I'm very proud of his
determination to have the neatest car in the world(to
him and many others)to drag main, take his girl in on
his first car date and give back as much as he
receives. In THIS group is some of the smartest owners
of the Marque, please give Joe the help he deserves.
respectfully yours, TonytheTiger in southern IL.

http://my.yahoo.com