Re: synthetic lube;tranny and rear end

To: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Subject: Re: synthetic lube;tranny and rear end
From: Larry Paulick <lpaulick@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:49:49 -0500
Theo, I also posted this before, but I use Mobil 1 differential oil, and
found out in the Dana 44, you don't need additives, as you do with other
oils.

Funny thing happened to me, when I drained the original oil from the
differential.  I let it drain over night, came back the next morning,
and boy wondered what died.

It smelled like a big cat had pooped in the garage.  Terrible smell.  If
you have ever been around the cats tray in the house you know what it
smells like.

Well, I looked, and looked, and not only could not figure how a cat got
in the garage, but could not find any cat poop.

Two days later, still the same cat poop smell, and I pulled the drain
tray out from under the differential, and the mystery was solved.  It
was the differential oil.

Larry