Re: rare 1969 SUNBEAM ALPINE GT 1OWNR

To: RockStar30cars@aol.com
Subject: Re: rare 1969 SUNBEAM ALPINE GT 1OWNR
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 14:12:20 -0800
Alvin,

Our 1967 Alpine S4 had dual Stromberg carbs, aluminum sump, headers, a
hard top accessory,  and a folding top. It was NOT a GT.

The GT did not come with a folding top, and had the padded door panels.
The rear compartment was, therefore, larger.

I believe the VIN would also be different.

Easy enough to purchase a GT interior from Martha Wheat that is better
than the original, and optionally in leather.

Nice mod for Alpine owner doing a resto, but that doesn't "transform" a
car into a factory GT.  Would want proof of "GT" provenance
before paying more than the resto, alone, commands.

It isn't necessary to be a paranoid to doubt eBay offerings, as we have
learned.

Steve

--
-----