Leaky Knock Sensor

To: "Tiger List \(Tiger List\)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaky Knock Sensor
From: "Frank P. Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:33:48 -0800
Hi,

Tomorrow looks like it will be the day I start the Tiger.  Tonight I
installed the fluids and everything went well except I found that the knock
sensor leaks where it screws into the pipe thread adaptor at the water
jacket port.  The stud on the knock sensor is a very coarse threaded 3/8"
affair.  The sensor came with an adaptor to pipe thread for the block
bosses.  I was a little concerned about a leak developing between the
straight thread sensor stud and the adaptor and sure enough.

Anyhow, my first impression is to relocate the sensor to a blind boss on the
other side of the engine.  However, since everything is already wired for
the current location I'd like to take one more shot at sealing this thing.
I'm thinking of finding a copper or aluminum washer to go between the
adaptor and the sensor and then use a thick coat of Teflon sealer goop on
the threads.  Do you think this will work?  Any better ideas?

Thanks!

Frank

B9471116