Rare Rootes Leg Oiler Option

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rare Rootes Leg Oiler Option
From: "Frank Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:13:46 -0800
The Tiger motor is starting to break in (almost 100 miles on it now) and it
is running a lot cooler today even though we had a fairly warm one up here
in Sonoma County.  I installed the overflow tank this morning (thanks for
all the suggestions, it went in the passenger side wheel well like was
mentioned by a few folks) and went on a longish drive to "test" it.  I was
expecting the cap to pop after shut down like it did last week but of course
the motor refused to get hot enough to do so.  I'm not complaining.

When I got home I went in to talk to the wife and she scolded me for a big
oil stain on my right pant cuff.  She was a little pissed because she told
me she had just finished cleaning an identical stain on the pants I was
wearing last weekend, I guess I'm kind of oblivious to that sort of thing.
Anyhow, at first I was a bit worried because I thought it was the dreaded
brake master cylinder leak.  I was somewhat relieved to find the leak was
between the oil pipe adaptor and the oil pressure gauge.  I'm sure most of
you know about this one, probably not that rare of an option after all.  You
probably all also know what a PITA it is to tighten that adaptor nut on a
fully assembled stock dash.

Pretty convenient that the leak falls directly on your right leg, saves the
carpet that way.

Frank
B9471116