Re: Manifold Choices

To: tonythetiger@onecliq.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Manifold Choices
From: RMEbstein@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 13:01:17 EST
Hi Tony,

My dilemma or problem is that my Tiger's engine compartment is now an  ugly
black. The rest of the car is a nice '73 BMW Polaris Silver hue and it's in
great shape. Not concours quality, but really nice. If I pull (or drop) the
260
engine and replace it, then it would obviously be a good time to paint the
engine compartment.

Here's my issue, do I paint the engine compartment the original  Carnival
Red, which would mean the whole car would need to be painted, or do I  just
paint
match the engine compartment with the existing silver?

This is why I'm stuck. While a new engine is expensive, painting the  entire
car would double or triple the cost of the entire job.

Rodney