RE: Baby Crower

To: "'Bob Hokanson'" <tgrrr@peoplepc.com>,
Subject: RE: Baby Crower
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:54:58 -0700
It's funny that he should mention that the brass floats can't become
fuel-logged and sink with age. When I had a 40 DCOE on my Civic, it did
exactly that, twice, and that caused the carb to drip fuel out of the float
bowl vent hole and onto the exhaust pipe that ran a couple of feet below
it... Fortunately it would just smell and run badly, so I could fix the
problem before anything really bad happened. Eventually Weber came out with
solid plastic floats, which were also great for forced-induction setups
using DCOEs.

No question, though, Webers are the 'ne plus ultra' of carburetors, provided
you take the time to learn how they work and what all the parts do.
Theo